The PhD in Communication, Markets and Society from IULM University offers an interdisciplinary course of advanced training focused on communication and mainly on business communication. It is the result of the experience gained in this field by IULM University, which has developed a specific interpretation of markets, consumption and the different forms of communication related to them, considered part of a single cultural and social context in constant change.
The PhD in Communication, Markets and Society follows in its approach the international model of PhDs and deals with the following disciplinary areas: communication studies, media studies, economics, management, marketing, neuromarketing, psychology of consumption, sociology of consumption. It also pays attention to the analysis of the main research methodologies and promotes an educational and research activity based on an international perspective.
The PhD in Communication, Markets and Society provides, among its professional opportunities, the possibility of an academic path both in a national context and in an international context, but also makes possible corporate professions related to the field of marketing and business communication or placements in communication agencies of excellence.
The PhD in Communication, Markets and Society offers an interdisciplinary course focused on communication and, more specifically, on corporate communication. This is the result of the experience gained in this field by IULM University, which developed specific knowledge and specific research skills about markets, consumption and the different forms of communication related to them, all considered as parts of a complex cultural and social context in constant change.
The PhD in Communication, Markets and Society is inspired by international PhD models and deals with the following research areas: communication studies, media studies, economics, management, marketing, neuromarketing, psychology of consumption, sociology of consumption. It also pays attention to the analysis of the main research methodologies and promotes teaching and research activities based on an international perspective.
The professional opportunities related to the PhD in Communication, Markets and Society includes academic career in a national or international context and also corporate roles in the fields of marketing and business communication, or placement opportunities in communication agencies of excellence.
- Page in progress -
IULM University offers interdisciplinary courses aimed at developing the skills necessary for a researcher in training: communication, design and technical research funding, protection of intellectual property and skills in innovation and digital communication - the strength of our University.
The implementation of these training courses takes place according to the European recommendations on the development of doctoral education: in 2011, the European Commission includes the "Transferable Skills" among the basic principles for innovation of doctoral training courses.
The aim of the interdisciplinary courses is the development of skills that also encourage, beyond the academic career, inclusion in roles of high responsibility in various institutions, research centres and companies.
English Academic Writing
The course provides practical tools related to:
- Elements that make up an academic text
- Call for papers submission: the construction of the abstract
- Writing a paper
- Quoting, paraphrasing, referencing techniques
- Presentation of a research paper
- Construction of an academic bio short
The course provides an introduction to the themes of intellectual property and legal protection of creative activities. The themes of copyright on products of university research and some problematic aspects of the application of rules on intellectual property to activities and works characteristic of the contemporary art scene are the subject of in-depth study.
Theory and practice of European design for cultural and creative enterprises
- Acquisition of skills in the analysis of European Union research and development policies for "Cultural and Creative Industries - CCI";
- Acquisition of the design logic required for participation in European Union Calls for Proposals;
- Research and analysis of good practices in the field
- Acquisition of a forma mentis of research oriented to the consideration of the concrete benefits for the whole society, not only for the specific scientific community of reference, in relation to the fruits of its research work.
- EU direct funds for research and development in the field of Cultural and Creative Industries CCIs
- The logic of European design: the Logical framework approach
- Matching between the objectives of the European programme and the objectives of the project
- Project evaluation: the point of view of the European external evaluator
- Needs analysis and definition of objectives
- Expected results and result indicators
- European added value and partnership building
- Risk analysis
- Dissemination and use of results
- Impact and sustainability of the project
- Project management and reporting
- Drafting of the project draft
- Monitoring of calls for CCI grants