Badge of Honour
What one learns at university is not simply a transfer of skills: university life is not just studying in a book, attending a lecture, taking a course.
Being immersed in the university environment in itself creates opportunities and moments of growth, contributing to the formation of the person before that of the student, the professional, the scholar. With this in mind, the Badge of Honour initiative is on the agenda.
IULM, together with the teaching activities of its programmes of study, offers its students opportunities for cultural deepening in all fields of communication: opportunities to enrich the theoretical foundations and practical knowledge acquired in class. It is a priority to create opportunities to experience the University to the full and open up new horizons of interest and participation in intellectual and civic life. For this reason, activities and initiatives in which you can participate to enrich your academic curriculum marked by the logo at the bottom of the page will be proposed to you periodically.
The activities marked with the Badge of Honour will be divided into University initiatives, valid for all students, and Faculty initiatives, valid only for students of the respective faculty. During graduation, the committee, in its autonomy, may take them into account for the purposes of awarding the overall graduation grade, awarding no more than 1 point within those resulting from the curriculum to undergraduates who present at least 6 honour activities carried out in the three-year degree courses and 4 honour activities carried out in the two-year period for the Master's degree courses. The computation of honour activities for the purpose of possible integration of the degree grade takes place exclusively within a course of study; in other words, a student who has participated in one or more of the honour activities in the undergraduate course of study (obtaining or not obtaining the additional point) will not be able to request to enhance the same activities in the master's degree course.
The film review is part of Badge of Honour activities. To obtain the Badge of Honour, it is necessary to attend all four meetings. For attendance to be recorded, interested students are asked to show up with a university badge or valid ID.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
- The terror of irony: a series of talks on the Word of the Year
- Eco-Imagination for a Sustainable Future
- Sognielettrici: the festival of fantasy and science fiction imagery
- IULM International Week 2023
- Conference Languages and Languages for Peace
- Memorie del futuro: Festival del Cinema Ibero-Latino Americano
- Ciclo di incontri "Educarci alla transdisciplinarità"
- Noir in Festival
- activities in support of IULM Sport
- Film Review - Reflections on the subject of violence against women
- Conference Improper Weapons
Badge of Honour events don't end there!
Look for the red flag in the news on the site to find out if an event is part of Badge of Honour activities, or check this page often to stay up-to-date on upcoming meetings.
- RAI Prix Italia 2021;
- Noir in Festival 2021;
- Support activities carried out by some students as part of IULM Sport's communication initiatives;
participation in "Communication International Week" planned for March 2022;
- Geopolitical Map"
- International Center for Contemporary Arts Research - at La Biennale di Venezia;
- Moby Dick Workshop;
- Sergio Leone Conference
- Micro-course entitled CLIP - Critical Visual Literacy and Fluency (Coordinators: Andrea Miconi and Simona
Pezzano), for the benefit of students in the Bachelor's degree programs of the Faculty of Communication who have
participated in at least 2 out of 4 didactic modules, answered the multiple-choice questions provided and completed
the proposed activities;
- Festival Sognielettrici 2023, for students from all Faculties who will participate in at least 6 meetings of their choice over the 6 days of the event and students who will be involved in voluntary support activities.
- Conference Marguerite Yourcenar between the construction of the work and the truth of art. The participation of students, who have chosen French as a second language in either the Bachelor's Degree Course ("Languages, Culture and Digital Communication" or "Interpreting and Communication") or in the Faculty's Master's Degree Course, in at least four of the six scheduled sessions, will count as Badge of Honour.
- Screening of the film Si può fare on the occasion of International Mental Health Day, 11 October 2023 from 6 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- Course on "Publishing Professions for Translators", organised by the International Centre of Research on Collaborative Translation, aimed at both IULM students of the Master's Degree in Specialised Translation and Conference Interpreting and those of the two Bachelor's Degrees activated at the Faculty of Interpreting and Translation. The course is also open to students of SSML Carlo Bo or of other universities (enrolled in the last year of the bachelor's degree) interested in future enrolment in the LM 94 at IULM.
- Noir in Festival 2023, the XXXIII edition of the Festival will be back again this year at IULM with numerous meetings, screenings and masterclasses. Students' participation in at least five meetings during the days of the festival will correspond to the completion of 1 of the 4 or 6 activities (the former for Master's degrees, the latter for Bachelor's degrees), for the purposes of obtaining the Badge of Honour.