International, business oriented, multicultural, and entirely in English – IULM University’s 1st level Master in International Tourism and Hospitality (MITH) gives you the essential skills to face the radical changes in today’s tourism sector. A faculty of internationally renowned teachers and senior managers of leading companies guide you throughout the innovative program. MITH puts your talent into play and helps you accelerate your career in tourism and hospitality.
Italy / Abroad
- 51% of graduates hired by their internship host company;
- 86% of graduates working as tourism professionals within 3 months;
- +350 international alumni network in 43 countries;
- + 500 partner companies in educational projects, internships and work placements.
- Intensive degree program in a leading Italian university in Milan;
- International faculty and student mix;
- Hands-on approach with company visits and lectures with senior managers, giving insights into best practices and cutting-edge management tools;
- A choice of specialization in areas essential for the revitalization of tourism:
- Revenue Management;
- Luxury Marketing and Client Experience; and
- Leisure Destinations and Special Events;
- 1-week study visit in Dubai;
- 1 month consultancy project to implement innovative projects with partner companies;
- 6-month customized internship in Italy or abroad within MITH’s 500+ partner company network.
Dedicated sessions with entrepreneurs or management teams to learn how to:
- innovate business models in the tour operator sector, with Asian Trails, Alidays, WeRoad;
- implement guest centricity and customize services in luxury hospitality, with the Dorchester Collection Academy, Principe di Savoia and Bulgari;
- win a bid for an international congress, with AIM Group;
- discover new hospitality models and their development after the Covid crisis, with Airbnb and casevacanze.it;
- create advanced technological solutions for the travel sector, with Amadeus;
- foster talent and develop new skills for emerging roles, with NH Hotel Group;
- deal with change to build a successful career in hospitality, with Mandarin Oriental;
- launch an e-commerce campaign for hospitality, with Expedia and DQ&A;
- design high value concierge services for the luxury sector, with Top Life Concierge;
- apply the tools of design thinking to create innovative visitor experiences, with the Kartell Museum;
- explore the distinctive features of an internationally unique concept store, with 10 Corso Como;
- develop an open air tourism offer for the luxury segment, with Glamping Canonici di San Marco and FAITA Federcamping;
- discuss communication strategies in times of pandemic in the airline industry, with AirDolomiti;
- explore the advantages of business-destination partnerships with Swarovski Optik and Costa Edutainment.
MITH students choose their specialization path from three topics, selected each year according to their timeliness, partner company requirements and job market relevance. In 2023, the choices are 1) Revenue Management, 2) Luxury Marketing and Client Experience, and 3) Leisure Destinations and Special Events.
The specialization course adds great value to your CV and can be combined with a customized internship.
The tourism sector is undergoing a profound transformation. In response to the current industry's challenges, new business models are emerging along with innovative ways of managing traditional businesses; both need state-of-the-art managerial skills and tools.
MITH, working in collaboration with leading tourism companies since 2003, prepares young talents to be the protagonists in this rapidly evolving scenario.
As a MITH student, you are engaged in:
• an active learning approach to develop a range of critical skills: problem solving, adaptive leadership, innovation and teamwork in international contexts, all of which are essential to successful entry into the most sought-after companies.
• a 360-degree view of the tourism sector and its future areas of development, including food, fashion and design, luxury, event management and cultural heritage.
• a customized internship, designed for your attitudes and interests, to accelerate your career in tourism and hospitality.
• earning a further specialization in one of the following areas: Revenue Management, Luxury Marketing and Client Experience and Leisure Destinations and Special Events;
MITH seeks out the best graduates, both Italian and foreign, with an excellent command of English, who wish to accelerate their career in tourism at an international level. Previous work experience is desirable.
Professor of Experience Design & Head of Experience Design at Fachhochschule Salzburg