IULM for the Equal Opportunities
In accordance with the values on which IULM's actions and essence are based, the University's commitment is aimed at countering all forms of discrimination based on gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, political beliefs, religious beliefs, personal skills, age, sexual orientation and employment status, as well as at enhancing the principles of fairness and inclusion, promoting and ensuring equal opportunities and carrying out a cultural action aimed at drawing attention to the issue.
The University's commitment takes the form of studies, research, projects and activities of a cultural, educational and educational nature, aimed at both IULM students and the external public, in order to promote awareness of equal opportunities issues. The activities aimed at disseminating the multidisciplinary knowledge and skills that reside in the University, both in teaching and research , on several issues related to equal opportunities (including gender equity, inclusion, management and enhancement of heterogeneity) are aimed at promoting an increasingly widespread participation in these debates, bringing knowledge and discussion outside the university lecture halls for the benefit of the community. These actions are part of a framework consistent with the 17 Goals for Sustainable Development defined by the United Nations as part of the 2030 Agenda, to which IULM adheres: in this context, the importance of activities that can ensure social sustainability, as well as environmental sustainability, is highlighted in order to promote prosperity at different levels and ensure the reduction of inequalities and to foster gender equality.
The Equal Opportunities Committee of IULM University is a joint body representing teaching staff, technical-administrative staff and the student community, and is aimed at fighting all forms of discrimination, promoting and guaranteeing equal opportunities in the university community and enhancing the well-being of those who work and study at the University.
The Committee carries out verification, consultative and propositional tasks. In detail, the main tasks are
- to counter and prevent any form of discrimination based on gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, political opinions, religious belief, personal skills, age, sexual orientation and employment status, as well as harassing behaviour and forms of moral, physical or psychological violence
- provide support to those who consider themselves victims of discrimination or behaviour that is detrimental to their dignity
- promote actions aimed at facilitating the reconciliation of life and work and, in general, at fostering the creation of a working environment inspired by organisational wellbeing, also by removing inequalities that hinder the full realisation of individuals in the working environment
- draw up proposals for actions aimed at guaranteeing and developing equal opportunities in the university environment in work, research, teaching and study activities, and monitor their implementation
- to encourage the dissemination of the culture of equal opportunities and to promote awareness and participation in gender equality issues, also through the enhancement and dissemination of research and studies and the development of scientific, cultural, educational and training activities.
- Verify the results of the actions and projects undertaken
- Prof.ssa Vanessa Gemmo, Delegate of the Rector for Equal Opportunities and President
- Dr. Ilenia De Bernardis, member representing the first and second level professors and university researchers
- Mr Marco Cusa, member representing the technical-administrative staff
- Ms Danna Stefania Zuniga Molina, member representing the students
Comitato per le Pari Opportunità
Comitato per le Pari Opportunità
Via Carlo Bo 1
Per condividere idee e suggerimenti o per segnalare evenutali criticità, scrivi all'indirizzo email del Comitato.