December 22nd 2023
February 5th 2024
Classroom lessons are divided into 9 teaching modules held or guided by professors from IULM University, visiting professors and noteworthy experts and professionals in the sector.
MITH supports you in achieving your goal – to embark on a successful career in tourism. That's why our partner companies are involved in every phase of the MITH program.
• 0. Introductory courses (7 CFU)
- Data Analysis with Microsoft Excel
- Communication Skills
- Marketing in Hospitality and Tourism
- Basic Accounting
• 1. Hospitality Management (6 CFU)
- Hospitality Management & CHIA Certification
- Experience Design and Service co-creation
- F&B Management
• 2. Human Resources Management in Tourism (5 CFU)
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resources
- Employer Branding and Performance Management
• 3. Financial Analysis in Tourism (5 CFU)
- Advanced Accounting
- Business Finance and Asset Management
• 4. Digital Marketing and Service Personalization (7 CFU)
- Digital Marketing and Artificial Intelligence in Hospitality and Tourism
- Online Distribution in the Tourism Sector
- SEO, SEM and Digital Strategy in the Hospitality Sector
- Experience Design and Service Co-creation
• 5. Destination Management and Sustainabilty (6 CFU)
- Destination Management
- Place, Image, Identity and Brand
- Sustainable Development
- Events Management and Attractions Management
• 6. Specialization (upon choice on each student; 6 CFU)
- Revenue Management
- Luxury Marketing and Client Experience
- Leisure Destinations and Special Events
• 7. Consultancy project (6 CFU)
• 8. Internship/Project Work and Final Exam (12 CFU)
Company visits and meetings with leaders in the tourism sector complete the MITH
hands-on approach, providing insight into best practices and cutting-edge management tools.
Students complete the teaching program with a specialization in one of the following "hot topics" in the tourism sector:
• Revenue management
• Luxury Marketing and Client Experience
• Leisure Destinations and Special Events
Your selected specialization course can be matched with a customized internship.
November – January
- Online courses: 3 months of e-learning to provide you with basic knowledge and skills required for classroom courses.
February – May
- Classroom courses to build a solid knowledge base.
- Study tour in Dubai: meet the key players in the development of a unique destination in the world.
- Specialization course: a choice among Revenue Management, Luxury Marketing and Client Experience, and Leisure Destinations and Special Events to customize your program with an in-depth analysis of a sought-after area of expertise in tourism and hospitality.
- Consultancy Project (group work) commissioned by partner companies to apply the tools and skills acquired in the classroom
July – February
- Internship: 6 months in Italy or abroad
A study tour in the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) to learn about the impressive development of a world-renowned tourist destination and its recent repositioning. In addition to a rich cultural itinerary, the study tour includes seminars with major local institutions, meetings with managers of important tourism companies and encounters with local entrepreneurs and former students who chose to continue working in Dubai after their internships. Participants will gain in-depth knowledge of the development model and values of the UAE and the opportunities they offer for a career in tourism.
The MITH specialization offers students an additional tool to define their professional profile according to interest and aptitude:
• Revenue Management
• Luxury Marketing and Client Experience
• Leisure Destinations and Special Events
The Revenue Management specialization enables students to interact with world-class experts and acquire the most advanced tools and models for optimizing sales across many sectors of tourism. At the end of the course, students will apply all they have learned to a real business case and defend their own strategies with the company’s managers.
• Revenue Management
• Forecasting and Total Revenue Management
• The New Frontiers of Revenue Management
• Final project and assessment
• Silvia Cantarella – Acrobat Consultancy - Italy
• Edoardo Dal Negro – BlinkUp Srl - Italy
• Cindy Heo – EHL - Switzerland
• Paolo Muzzeddu – IHGroup – Italy
• Simone Puorto – Travel Singularity – Italy
• Luciano Scauri – SKL International Hotel Consulting – Italy
• Damiano Zennaro – IdeaS – Italy
• Alexandro della Croce – Starhotels – Italy
OTA Insight; D-edge; Novotel; Radisson Hotel Group; Sabre; Oaky.
LUXURY MARKETING AND CLIENT EXPERIENCE
The course content provides in-depth understanding of the luxury industry, its role in society and its best practices. Lectures focus on differing cultural perspectives regarding luxury the uniqueness of its goods and services, and a luxury brand’s consistency with its identity and values. Students will also gain familiarity with related issues including sustainability, multiculturalism, marketing and customer experience.
This specialization is developed in partnership with Hotel Principe di Savoia and Dorchester Collection Academy.
1. Theories and Fundamentals of Luxury
2. Functional Areas of Luxury
3. Sectoral Areas of Luxury
4. Final project and assessment
• Beth Aarons – Dorchester Collection Academy – London (UK)
• Raffaella Bossi Ferrarini – Iulm University – Milan (Italy)
• Michele Coletti – Grenoble Ecole de Management, Politecnico di Milano – Milan (Italy)
• Fabio Duma – Zurich University of Applied Sciences – Zurich (CH)
• Patrick Fields – Gucci Garden – Florence (Italy)
• Serena Rovai – Excelia Business School - La Rochelle (France)
• Dennis Valle – PwC, Former Versace CMO and Dolce and Gabbana VP –Milan (Italy)
• Ian Phau, Curtin University, Luxury Brand Retailing Centre – Bentley (Australia)
Dorchester Collection Academy; Hotel Principe di Savoia; Altagamma; laMilanesa; 10 Corso Como; Rancé1795; Kartell Museo; Prada; Brioni Kering; Cantine Ferrari.
LEISURE DESTINATIONS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
The course explores leisure destinations and special events. Students learn about communication and marketing for multifaceted tourist locations that include “an attraction” (such as museums, theme parks, water parks, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, historic houses, historical monuments, theatres, sports arenas, etc.) along with restaurants, retail, and accommodations. The specialization includes multiple field studies, and concludes with a hackathon in which the group applies their acquired skills to solve an existing problem for a real leisure facility.
• Introduction to the Leisure Industry
• Strategic Marketing, Communications and Advertising
• Operations Management
• Special Events Management
• Human Resources and Leadership
• Revenue Management, Budgeting and Planning
• Field Study / Final Project
Disneyland Paris (FR), Europa-Park (DE), Efteling (NL), Walibi Holland (NL), Merlin Entertainments (UK), Compagnie Des Alpes (FR), Gardaland Resort (IT), ZOOM Torino (IT), Acquaworld (IT), Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della
Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci (IT), Fort Fun (DE), Liseberg (SE), Tivoli Gardens (DK), Alshaya (KW), Luna Park Coney Island (USA), International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (USA), and many more.
MITH helps you to build your professional network through a range of hands-on activities: company visits, on-site training days, job seminars and workshops with senior managers and entrepreneurs of leading tourism and hospitality companies. These preferential opportunities make it possible for you to draw upon the experience of professionals, demonstrate your talent and focus on high-potential placement areas.
Partner companies from the most recent edition are:
Dorchester Collection Academy, Hotel Principe di Savoia, Starhotels, Hyatt, Mandarin Oriental, Marriott, NH Hotel Group, Accor, Bulgari, AIM Group International, AirBnB, Expedia, Booking, Amadeus, Asian Trails, WeRoad, AirDolomiti, TopLife Concierge, Visit Dubai, Gardaland, Diesel, ACBC, Valentino, Rancé1795, OTA Insight.
Our partner companies provide valuable input for the formulation and development of consultancy projects, an important component to evaluate students’ work in the master. In the final teaching module of the program, students are engaged full-time for a month under the guidance of a Master teacher in a consultancy project commissioned by a partner company. By applying their acquired knowledge and analytical tools, students provide solutions to be implemented in the business organization.
The Hospitality Management module includes training sessions to earn the Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA). CHIA is the only hotel-related certification for industry professionals focused on analytics.
Offered by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) and STR, CHIA attests a thorough knowledge of foundational metrics, definitions, formulas, and methodologies used by the hotel industry.
Core content includes:
● Hotel Industry Analytical Foundations
● Hotel Math Fundamentals
● Property Level Benchmarking (STAR Reports)
● Hotel Industry Performance Reports
MITH supports you in designing your career with a 6-month internship tailored to your profile and selected according to 3 criteria:
- Matching the experience to your skills and aptitudes
- Value of the internship as a learning experience
- Possibility of starting your own professional network
Following a MITH internship:
- 86% of graduates work as tourism professionals within 3 months
- 51% of graduates hired by their internship host company
MITH operates in close connection with the hospitality and tourism industry to ensure your internship adds value to your CV, which is shared with MITH’s business network. Companies who have recruited MITH students become loyal recruiters creating future job opportunities.
MITH internships cover specific roles according to company needs and take place in different areas of the tourism industry: hotel chains, cruise companies, airlines, MICE businesses, travel agency networks, destination management companies and consulting firms specializing in tourism.
STUDENTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Have a look at some recent success stories of our students on the social channels of the MITH Master: Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube.https://www.youtube.com/user/MTMExperience
- July 2022 “The evolution of luxury for future generations A journey through sustainability, wellness and diversity and customer experience” (Dorchester Collection Academy and Hotel Principe di Savoia)
- July 2022 “Developing a New Event for Luna Farm” (Zamperla - The Amusement Rides Company)
- July 2021 “The Evolution of Luxury for the Future Generations. A Journey through Sustainability, Ethics and Digitalization” (Dorchester Collection Academy)
- July 2021 “Experience Brand Identity to Boost Customer Relationships” (Kartell Museo)
- December 2019 “The Need for New Skills in Tourism Companies and the Role of University Education” (research presentation)
- May 2019 “Employer Branding and Recruitment Strategies in the Hospitality Industries in Italy” (consultancy project) and “ Analysis of New Competences and the professional profile in the tourism industry” (research)
- July 2018 “Tourism and the Creative Economy: Wine Tourism” (research and consultancy project)
- July 2017 “The Impact of Hoxell on Online Reputation”
- July 2017 “Destination Italia Bike Experience: a Pilot Project in Lombardy”, “Brand Identity and Destination Development: Guidelines for a New Visitor Center in Valpolicella”, “Digital Customer Centricity in Hospitality” (consultancy projects)
- December 2016 “ Tourism Development, New Competences for Companies and University Education” (research)
- July 2015 “Expo 2015: Italy and Milan. Visitors’ Point of View” (research)
- February 2012 “Tourist Experience Design for destination development: an Analysis of European tourist portals” (research)