|Faculty||Arts, tourism and markets|
|Course name||Fashion and creative industries|
|Course name in English||Fashion and creative industries|
|Course type||Three-year degree|
|Degree class||L-3 Disciplines of the figurative arts, music, entertainment and fashion|
|Type of access||Course with number of places planned with selective test of knowledge|
|Language in which the course is held||Italian|
The course in Fashion and creative industries is designed to train professional figures able to fit into the communication and creative processes of the sector with the appropriate critical-theoretical knowledge of the different artistic-visual languages necessary for the understanding of fashion and able to use the methodological and practical tools to address the main challenges underlying the processes of conception, development and promotion of fashion creations and products of other creative industries.
Among the areas of study:
- Disciplines and laboratory activities in the artistic-visual-media field
- Disciplines and laboratory activities on fashion and design communication
- Disciplines and laboratory activities in the linguistic and sociological field
- Economic, management and legal regulations
The graduate in Fashion and creative industries will be able to:
- interpret the fields of fashion and design through art and artistic expression.
- enhancing the fashion and design sectors through the disciplines of communication
- connecting fashion and design to fields such as art, photography and cinema
- interpreting the fields of fashion and design through art and artistic expression
- interpret the materials that make up the memory of the historical fashion companies
- enhancing fashion archives
- apply the acquired knowledge in an autonomous, original and critical way to design concepts for events and fashion shows
- create inclusive and intercultural communication products also for the web and social media
- design creative visuals for corporate identity or brands
- develop marketing and communication strategies for creative organizations, fashion and design industries and creative industries
- research, analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data for the anticipation of cultural and style trends in fashion and creative industries
- to orientate themselves in the standards, including international standards, for the protection of intellectual property
- to apply the knowledge acquired in new contexts (problem solving) in a clear and secure way, even when it relates to the fashion and design markets.
- master the English language
Two-year Common path
History of contemporary art
Art and Media
Semiotics of creativity
Creative Industries Archives
Aesthetics of fashion and design
Interculturality, sustainability, inclusiveness
Innovation fashion design
Laboratory of efficient communication techniques III (visual communication)
Visual merchandising workshop
Laboratory for the conception and creation of fashion events
Parade direction workshop
Creative Industries and Design Address
Laboratory of efficient Communication Techniques III (visual communication)
Visual design laboratory
Laboratory for the conception and creation of design events
Retail Design Lab
The Degree Course in Fashion and Creative Industries provides the basic knowledge and skills to operate within the communication and creative processes of fashion and creative industries. The dynamic scenarios that characterize these sectors require professionals who know how to combine the cultural, communicative and symbolic dimensions at the basis of the processes of conception, development and promotion of artistic-creative products
To meet these needs, the course of studies includes two main areas of learning:
- the historical-artistic-cultural area that provides the knowledge and historical-critical skills necessary for the understanding of fashion and creative industries; the languages of contemporary visual arts useful for the interpretation of fashion also in its relationship with different media; the history of fashion, design and Made in Italy, which share the same languages and draw on common cultural resources and attitudes
- the socio-anthropological area that provides the knowledge, skills and ability to use communication tools to enhance fashion creations and products of other creative industries, from advertising to events, from the web to social media, with attention to the issues of interculturality, inclusiveness and sustainability.
As a complement to these areas, the course provides appropriate economic and legal skills for understanding the management processes and budgets of companies that operate in the creative industries sector, for research and interpretation of cultural and style trends, for orientating oneself among the rules relating to the protection of intellectual property of creative products also in international contexts.
The course is characterized by a laboratory approach that will allow students to acquire effective communication techniques - written, oral and visual - the ability to use the main tools for web communication and social media.
Particular attention is dedicated to the development of:
- historical-critical knowledge necessary for the understanding of contemporary visual arts
- specific skills in the history and culture of fashion and design
- effective communication skills and abilities - written, oral and visual
- economic and legal skills
- skills in research and interpretation of cultural and style trends
- expertise in interculturalism, sustainability and inclusiveness
- mastery of the English language
After a common start, at the end of the second year, the student will be able to choose whether to deepen the topics of the Fashion sector or the Creative Industries and Design. In fact, the course will be divided into two distinct courses that will allow students to acquire specialized skills in the chosen sector.
The teaching of the course, carried out by internal teachers and professionals in the sector, is characterized by innovative content and methods based on a strong integration between academic lectures, laboratories, project work and experience "in the field".
Making my choice
Tel: 800 363 363
The toll-free number (free call) is active from Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m