IULM at Milan Design Week with Superstudio Maxi
Multidisciplinary activities, exhibitions, videos, design talks, performances from September 5 to 9 in the Vision Room
From 4th to 10th September 2021, on the occasion of the Milan Design Week, IULM University collaborates with Superstudio Maxi in the Superdesign Show Special Edition with a calendar of events that will take place in the new Superstudio premises in via Moncucco,35, a few steps away from the IULM Campus and in the heart of Barona quarter. These events are part of the activities of the University aimed at revitalising culture and art in their broadest meaning in the neighborhood and IULM confirms itself as the center of the intellectual arena for the citizens of the southern area of Milan and beyond.
During the Design Week some students of the Bachelor's Degree Course in Fashion and Creative Industries - in its second year in 2021/22 after being launched in September 2020 - will be Design Assistants supporting the events for Superstudio Più in via Tortona and Superstudio Maxi in via Moncucco.
"After the success of the new Bachelor's degree course in Fashion and Creative Industries - said IULM Rector, Professor Gianni Canova - which aims at training promoters and communicators of fashion and design, IULM has the strategic need to establish closer collaborative relationships with companies, operators and professionals of these key sectors of our economy. The partnership with Superstudio on the occasion of the Design Week 2021 goes exactly in this direction and wants to offer a contribution of creativity and innovation to the re-launch of a sector which, after the trauma of the Covid-19, has ahead of it extraordinary possibilities of growth and development".
This is the calendar of events scheduled:
- From Monday 6th to Wednesday 8th September at 5 p.m. at Superstudio Maxi there will be the appointments dedicated to Artificial Intelligence where some of the possible applications of AI in the field of fashion and design will be shown. The issue of Artificial Intelligence is very dear to our University which, in addition to having launched a new Two Years degree course in Artificial Intelligence, Business and Society - has for some years now also had a laboratory dedicated to AI on Campus, IULM AILab, led by Professor Guido Di Fraia, pro-rector of Innovation and Artificial Intelligence at IULM.
The topics of the three meetings will be:
- Monday 6th "Past, present and future of AI"
- Tuesday 7th "AI and creativity"
- Wednesday 8th "AI in marketing and corporate communication".
- OnWednesday 8 September, at 6 pm, during a special event to be held at Super Studio Maxi, the winner of the video-contest Storie di cose will be announced: a competition involving IULM students and graduates to narrate, in the form of short films, the stories of objects, design icons, but also everyday tools. The commission chaired by the Rector, Prof. Gianni Canova, has selected the following finalists:
- "Containers" by Anna Claudia Bassani - Tommaso Olivieri
- "Il Cestaio" by Eleonora Trebastoni
- "Ninetto" by Marco Mammì and Andrea Bernardi
- "Paradiso Dreams" by PaoloFoti
- "Shine" by Davide Mandalà - Ludovico Vargiu
- "Crà-Pscrà" by Eleonora Boccalatte
- "Modernità liquida" by Debora Paolini
The finalist shorts will be shown on some screens displayed in the spaces of Superstudio Maxi. The winning short film, considered the most valid from an aesthetic and communicative point of view, will be awarded with a contribution of 3000 Euros, while the other two works, considered the most innovative and original, will receive a prize of 1000 Euros each
- IULM University supports the exhibition DONNE & DESIGN, an event highlighting female creativity in the fields of design and architecture: some female designers will present their latest works in a pavilion of Superstudio Più.
The entrance will be by reservation only and the access to the events will be allowed to visitors with a Green Pass
IULM University thanks Ford for the events at Superstudio Maxi.
IULM University thanks ISS FACILITY SERVICES and Pellegrini Spa for the WOMEN & DESIGN project
MAXI, via Moncucco 35, Milan 20143
September 5-8, 2021, hours 12am-8pm. September 9, 2021, hours 12am-4pm.
Admission by reservation is required and is valid for both location superdesignshow.com in compliance with the regulations Covid regulations in force. Green Pass will be requested with the possibility to make the swab on payment.
FOLLOW THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE EVENT ON AT-SUPERSTUDIOMAGAZINE.COM.
Open Day 2021
On 20 and 27 November the Open Days for Bachelor's and Master's degrees...
Prof. Trione confirmed Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Tourism
Published the Rectoral Decree of appointment...
Inauguration of new IULM branch in Rome
On Tuesday 12 October, IULM University inaugurated its new branch in Rome....
IULM Fitness Center opens
On October 13th the IULM Fitness Center opens: a gym reserved for IULM students, teachers and employee...