The following categories of candidates may apply for the admissions test:
- Italian or EU nationals holding an Italian 5-year high school diploma or equivalent qualification;
- Italian or EU nationals holding a qualification equivalent to the Italian high school diploma obtained on completion of a period of schooling of no less than 12 years ;
- non-EU nationals upon presentation of an application for admission in accordance with the provisions in force regarding the entry, stay and enrolment of foreign/international students, as well as an evaluation of documentation and of each specific situation;
- Italian citizens attending the fourth year of an Italian high school – with the exception of the Bachelor’s degree course in Interpreting and Communication, for which attendance in at least the fifth year is compulsory;
- Italian citizens attending the third or fourth year of four-year secondary education courses, with the exception of the Bachelor’s degree course in Interpreting and Communication, for which attendance in at least the fourth and final year of these courses is compulsory;
- Italian citizens attending the fifth year of an Italian high school;
- EU or non-EU nationals attending the final year in a high school in their home country or a Foundation Year (a preparatory course for international students who have not completed a 12-year period of schooling), subsequent to evaluation of documentation and of each specific situation.
Admission to the degree course in Languages, Culture and Digital Communication requires at least a basic knowledge of English (no lower than CEFR level A2), while a "beginner" level is accepted for all other languages.
To register for the admission tests, you must register and apply through the Sign Up for the Test button.
Registration can be done only once. At the end of the registration process, the username and password assigned by the system will allow you to log in and complete your personal data. The completion of the personal data is compulsory and must be done at the same time of the first access.
During enrolment procedures you will be asked to provide:
- a PDF scan of the front and back of an identity document (identity card/passport) and a PDF scan of the front and back of your tax code/health insurance card;
- third and fourth year school reports (in a single PDF file) for applicants in their fifth year or who have already finished school, or only the third year report for students currently in their fourth year;
- average marks for the third and/or fourth year (depending on current year of study – excluding marks for physical education, religion and conduct/behaviour). The result must be rounded up or down to one decimal place (e.g. 7.53 = 7.5; 6.55 = 6.6; 6.96 = 7.0);
- any English language certification for at least level B2 (on condition it was obtained after 1st January 2018);
- for non-native Italian speakers applying for the Bachelor’s course in Corporate Communication and Public Relations, any Italian language certification for at least level B2.
Applicants enrolled in an Italian school who attended their fourth year abroad may only enter their third-year report; attending the fourth year abroad for at least one semester (which must be duly certified by attaching appropriate documentation) will constitute an element of merit which will be taken into due consideration when drawing up the ranking.
Applicants enrolled in a foreign school (in Italy or abroad) will, if possible, enter their reports for the last two years; attending a foreign school will constitute an element of merit which will be taken into due consideration when drawing up the ranking.
Applicants in possession of a foreign qualification, or a qualification obtained from a foreign or international high school in Italy, must notify the University in advance (if possible prior to the closing date for enrolment in the test) by writing an e-mail to: [email protected] in order to verify the validity of the qualification for the purposes of admission to university courses, and at the same time to upload the documents to apply.iulm.it. For this purpose, applicants must send their transcript of records, their high school diploma (if applicable), and other relevant documentation.
Students in possession of a foreign qualification or attending a non-Italian school who fail to give prior notice in accordance with the above procedures will not be admitted to the test for that session.
Participation is subject to payment of a fee of €120, which will be deducted from the first instalment (on one occasion only for the course on which the student enrols) upon confirmation of enrolment.
It is possible to participate in more than one test for more than one degree course in the academic year 2021/22 by paying the €120 fee for each course.
Exceptions are the degree courses in Comunicazione d’impresa e relazioni pubbliche and Corporate Communication and Public Relations for which it is not possible to register for both tests in the same session (since they are the same course with one being the English language equivalent of the other).
Students who fail to pass the test in one session may apply for a subsequent session for the academic year 20221/23 by submitting a new application for admission, without having to pay a further test participation fee.
Corso di Laurea
Languages, Culture and Digital Communication
English (30), second language (30), text comprehension (5), verbal critical reasoning (10), numerical reasoning (4) and logic reasoning (11)
(30 knowledge and skills
+ 30 English Placement test + 30 placement second language)
**65 minutes (30 knowledge +25 English placement) if the candidate declares a "beginner's" level in the second foreign language
A subsequent oral meeting to assess the knowledge of English language and the chosen second language would be provided for registered students so to have a homogeneous class.
Dates will be communicated to registered students and are scheduled for May, July and September
IULM University has adopted a payment system for the university fees and contributions based on "contribution bands" applied to households on the basis of the ISEE indicator for university purposes.
The amounts of fees and contributions, and the method used to allocate the bands are regulated annually by the Regulations for university fees and contributions