IULM for the City 2024
Also in the academic year 2023-2024, IULM's courses open to all citizens
IULM University confirms its central role as a cultural hub for the city of Milan, consolidating its position as a point of reference in Milan's cultural scene. Starting in September 2023, the "IULM for the City" initiative returns: a series of free lectures open to all citizens, addressing fundamental topics related to the world of communication.
In the program for the academic year 2023-2024, the participation of renowned lecturers such as Professor Gianni Canova, Professor Roberto Vecchioni, Professor of Classical Archaeology Stefania Mancuso, political scientist Angelo Panebianco and journalist and food and wine critic Annalisa Cavaleri is confirmed. In addition, the program will be enriched with new names, including psychoanalyst Massimo Recalcati, manager and former sports executive Stefano Filucchi and Strega Prize-winning writer Antonio Scurati.
The teachings of "IULM for the City" will be recognized as a 6 CFU (University Educational Credits) elective exam for students enrolled in IULM University's Bachelor's and Master's degree programs.
Professor Gianni Canova, in the course "History of Italian Cinema," will stimulate critical reflection on the aesthetic, linguistic, production and communicational models that have influenced Italian mass culture, through the analysis of some of the masterpieces of Italian cinema. The course, open to all citizens and students in undergraduate courses, will begin in February 2024.
Annalisa Cavaleri will teach the course "Anthropology of Food," which will take participants on an exploratory journey to discover the links between food, religion and culture, from ancient traditions to modern food and wine marketing trends. The course, open to all citizens and students of undergraduate courses, will begin in September 2023.
Angelo Panebianco, in the course "Theory of International Relations," will offer a comprehensive overview of the main orientations and theories of past and present international relations. The course, open to all citizens and students of undergraduate courses , will begin in February 2024.
Roberto Vecchioni and Stefania Mancuso will teach the course "The Contemporaneity of the Ancient," which will explore how antiquity influences the creation of contemporary imagery through archaeology, literature, poetry and music. The course, open to all citizens and students of undergraduate courses, will begin in February 2024.
As a new feature of this edition, the course "Psychoanalysis of Art," taught by psychoanalyst Massimo Recalcati, will explore the relationship between psychoanalysis and artistic activity. The course, open to interested citizens and all students of undergraduate courses, will begin in September 2023.
The course "Sports Communication," taught starting in February 2024 by manager and former sports executive Stefano Filucchi, will examine sports from the perspective of communication and marketing and will be open to all citizens and students of undergraduate courses. Classes will begin in February 2024.
Finally, the course "Narrating War. Literature, Cinema and Media," taught by IULM writer and professor Antonio Scurati and Prof. Gianni Canova, will be held in the first semester starting in September 2023. This course will be open to all interested citizens and students of undergraduate courses.
The courses of IULM for the City 2024 are open to participation of students and auditors until all available seats are filled, registering according to one of the following methods:
1) external auditors: registration for individual lectures is required using the form that will be available soon on this page;
2) external citizens interested in taking the exam: it is necessary to fill out the form once and follow the registration procedure for "individual courses"
3) IULM students auditors: it is necessary to register for individual classes using the form that will be available soon on this page;
4) IULM students interested in taking the exam: it is necessary to fill out the form only once and then include the teaching in their study plan by March 2024 according to the procedures proper to the enrolling course of study, available on the MyIULM page.
Here' are the details of the lessons:
- Anthropology of Food (Annalisa Cavaleri):
Auditorium (IULM 6) - 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
September: Sept. 28, Sept. 29 (room 401)
October: Oct. 5, Oct. 12, Oct. 19, Oct. 26
November: Nov. 2, Nov. 16 (Update Room 401 — from 4.30pm to 7.30pm), Nov. 23, Nov. 30 (Update Room 401 — from 4.30pm to 7.30pm)
December: Dec. 14, Dec. 21
- Sports Communication (Stefano Filucchi): the dates of the course, which will be held in Semester II, will be announced at a later date
- The Contemporaneity of Antiquity (Roberto Vecchioni and Stefania Mancuso): the dates of the course, which will be held in Semester II, will be announced at a later date
- Psychoanalysis of Art (Massimo Recalcati):
Aula Baridon (IULM 1) - 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
September: Sept. 27 (lesson cancelled)
October: Oct. 4, Oct. 11, Oct. 18, Oct. 25
November: Nov. 15, Nov. 22, Nov. 29
December: Dec. 6, Dec. 13, Dec. 20 Update two ricovery lessons will be held on 15 and 22 December from 10.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
- Narrating War. Literature, cinema and media (Gianni Canova and Antonio Scurati):
Room 401 (IULM 4) - 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
September: Sept. 29
October: Oct. 6, Oct. 13, Oct. 20, Oct. 27
November: Nov. 3, Nov. 17, Nov. 24
December: Dec. 1, Dec. 15, Dec. 19 (3-6 p.m. - Classroom 502, IULM 5), Dec. 22
- International Relations Theory (Angelo Panebianco): the dates of the course, which will be held in Semester II, will be announced at a later date
- History of Italian Cinema (Gianni Canova): the dates of the course, which will be held in Semester II, will be announced at a later date
Noir in Festival 2023
IULM goes black. The XXXIII edition of the Noir in Festival is coming soon. Check out the program!...
A video challenge for Erasmus students
A video challenge for students who participated in a mobility program in the 2022-2023 academic year...