Fees, contributions and financial aid
Evaluation criteria and allocation in the contribution bands for foreign students and Italians residing abroad.
International students pay a flat tuition fee corresponding to the maximum band provided for in the Regulations for fees and contributions.
International students refers to “students of Italian or foreign nationality, residing in the European Union and in non-EU countries, whose family unit resides abroad where it produces income and assets, who enroll for the first time or renew their enrolment in the 2nd year of an undergraduate programme or of a 2-year Master's degree course in the academic year 2022/2023”
An exception is made for students from particularly poor countries (specified by decree no. 62 of 06.05.2020 of the Ministry for Education, University and Scientific Research in agreement with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs), for whom the single contribution band corresponds to the first band provided for in the Regulation on fees and contributions for the academic year 2022/2023.
IULM University offers the most deserving students a 50% reduction on the tuition fee:
- partial exemption of 50% on the tuition fee for the first year of the course for the first 20 (full-time) students enrolled on a 3-year degree course in the academic year 2022/2023.
Eligible candidates are those who have obtained an admission qualification abroad with a mark equivalent to at least 70/100, calculated on the basis of the formula provided for by the Ministry of University and Research.
- partial exemption of 50% of the tuition fee for the first year of the course for the first 20 (full-time)students enrolled on a Master's degree course in the academic year 2022/2023.
Eligible candidates are those who have obtained an admission qualification abroad with a mark equivalent to at least 80/110.
Up to 100% reduction on the tuition fee (opportunity for the 20 most deserving students):
- Only for degree courses in Arts, entertainment, cultural events; Tourism, management and culture; Interpreting and communication and Master's degree courses in Art, development and the market; Hospitality and Tourism Management, as well as newly activated Bachelor's and Master's Degree courses in the academic year 2022/2023, 20 total exemptions are assigned for full-time enrolment in the academic year 2022/2023, which can be modulated into a higher number of partial exemptions, subject to evaluation of the admission qualifications obtained abroad and additional elements of merit, including the outcome of the admission test. In particular, enrolling students should have obtained foreign admission certification with a grade equivalent or superior to 80/100 for Degree Courses and 90/110 for Master’s Degree Courses, calculated with the MIUR formula.
DSU Regional Scholarships
Each student (regardless of nationality and country of residence) can apply for regional scholarships.
The student can benefit from:
- tuition refund
- a scholarship with a maximum value of €4500 paid in two instalments
- free access to the university canteen
Eligibility is determined on the basis of merit and the family's economic situation. Full details can be found in the Competition Notice for the allocation of Regional Scholarships
At the request of the interested parties, 10 places will also be reserved for international students, at the reduced rate of € 300 per month, at the University Residences
For further details regarding tuition fees and facilities for foreign students, see the Summary of Regulations for tuition and university fees a.a. 2022/2023