Creativity and tourism: economics, communication and marketing
The research has verified:
how culture is transformed into creativity (performing and visual arts), in terms of the plurality of contents and events aimed at an audience that is also tourist-based;
how this creativity is supported by public and private players, such as the funding foundations;
revenue and business models that underline the role of marketing and fundraising. The co-creation of content through social media is understood as a relevant issue.
The empirical analysis, for qualitative and quantitative re-elaboration of data gathered through financial statements, websites, social media, has enabled the identification of management benchmarks, with particular reference to the performance of marketing and fundraising. This analysis was accompanied by an analysis of cultural policies and of the strategic choices (of medium- and long-term objectives) of the donor foundations.
Among the relevant publications:
- Besana A., Esposito A., 2017, Memory, marketing and economic performances in US symphony orchestras and opera houses, European Journal of Economics and Business Studies, Vol. 9, n.1, 77-87.
- Besana A., Esposito A., 2017, Heritage-led Growth in Europe. An die Freude of Economics and Marketing, in AA. VV., Click, connect and collaborate! New directions in sustaining cultural networks, ENCATC, Brussels.
- Besana A., Esposito A., 2017, For Love and Money. Employees, volunteers and economic performances in US art nonprofit organizations, in AA. VV., Global and national business theories and practice: bridging the past with the future, Euromed.
- Besana A., Esposito A., 2017, Economics, marketing and performances of US classical music: journeyin' together to de promise land, in AA. VV., Advances in Panel Data Analysis in Applied Economics Research, Springer Verlag.
- Besana A., 2017, Animal Spirits or Engaging Spirits? The importance of the Not-for-Profit Economy, in AA.VV., Advances in business strategy and competitive advantage. IGI Global Press, Hershey PA.