Remember that graduate students have up to one year from the day of graduation to activate an internship through the office. After this period, the University will no longer be able to promote internships.
Remember that graduate students have up to one year from the day of graduation to activate an internship through the office. After this period, the University will no longer be able to promote internships. Below are the options for finding an internship abroad
- Consult the offers in Almalaurea, typing STAGE ESTERO in the search string
- Consult the notice boards outside the Career Service Office
- Follow the Facebook page "IULM for Job"
- Find your own internship (sometimes there may be personal contacts). If you fall into this case, it would be advisable to contact us and we will explain better how to proceed
- Use search engines from Internship Providers, agencies that offer many advantages for internships. We invite students to write to [email protected] to receive a list of useful links
Once selected for an internship, before starting it and to start the bureaucratic process of activation (without which it will not be possible to recognize the internship), the company must send an Acceptance Letter on letterhead that can be sent to us scanned e-mail [email protected] specifying the following data:
- Name and address of the host company
- Name and Surname of the intern
- University student registration number
- Precise duration of the internship (start and end dates)
- Job title
- Main Activities (brief description of the main duties)
- Name of the legal representative (the person will sign the documentation)
- Name of your company tutor (the person who will supervise/work with the intern)
Once we have received the letter, we will draw up the Internship Agreement (convention) which we will send for the signature of our President. Once signed, we will contact the trainee to sign the document and explain the next steps to complete the activation.
Checklist before departure
Before leaving for an internship abroad, we strongly recommend:
- Check the expiry date of your ID document and health card
- Apply for a passport in time (if your ID is not valid for travel)
- Ask - also at our office - about the health insurance to be taken out (if deemed appropriate)
- Check the need for any medical vaccinations required by the host country
- Inform yourself and, if necessary, apply for a visa to enter the countries that require it (this process is the responsibility of the trainee who will have to take into account the timing of the procedure)
- Gather as much information as possible about the country and the host company/body
Checklist of Activation Documents
- Acceptance Letter
- Internship Agreement
For further information about the internship abroad, you can use the following contacts:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (+39) 0289141 - 2276 or 2397
If you are interested in hosting our students on extracurricular internships, the best option would be to create a company profile on our career services platform (Almalaurea). It is used by all our students to look for internship opportunities and would, therefore, be the best way to give visibility to your internship offers.
To register just follow the link https://iulm.almalaurea.it/ent/registration.aspx?lang=it where you can enter information about your company and publish the internship offers. You will then receive the CVs of our students when they apply and can choose those that best suit your needs.
Once you have found the ideal candidate, you can send us an acceptance letter (Acceptance/Invitation Letter). We kindly ask you to ensure that the letter contains the following information:
- Name and exact address of the host company
— Name, surname and university registration number of the student;
- Precise start/end dates of the internship;
- The name, surname and professional qualification of the company's legal representative
- The name, surname and professional qualification of the supervisor of the internship at your company.
Once we have received this letter, we will draw up the Internship Agreement which will be sent to our President for signature. The agreement is necessary not only to recognize university credits to our students, but also for the insurance we provide to our students during the internship period. As a university, we deal with liability and accidents at work. The University does not take out health insurance.
For further information about the internship abroad, you can use the following contacts: Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (+39) 0289141 - 2276 or 2397