Sept. 16, 2022
The master will culminate in an internship or a projectwork.
The Master has so far organized internships at:
Ricordi/Hal Leonard -Warner Music -Warner Chappell -Sony Music -Tantaroba Label -Verdi Orchestra -La Scala Theatre -Aerostella -Associated producers -Bluebell -La Cosa Cooperative -SKY -Volontè & Co. -F&P -Amadeus Belvivere -Media -Mimesis/Meltemi -Music Professional Centre (CPM) -Sae -Max Museum, Chiasso -State Disco/ICBSA
The Master offers a company internship period of (minimum) two months in different companies in the sector.
- The Master provides theoretical and practical knowledge for managing different professional aspects of production and promotion in music publishing in the broadest sense.
- The training of this Master offers a wide range of professional opportunities at Italian and multinational companies.
The Master deals with the following professional profiles:
- Music publishing officer
- Music producer and promoter (publishing, discography, web)
- New media marketing manager
- Expert in audiovisual music production
- Assistant to record production
- Operator in concert organisation
- Operator in the field of musical instruments (RELEASE)
- Expert in promotion of musical activities
- Ticketing and music box office salesperson
SUBJECTS (each provides an average of 20% in hours of practice)
- ETHNOMUSICOLOGY (jazz, pop, ethnic, media music), 110 hours
- MUSICOLOGY (history of music, elements of theory, harmony and composition, choral singing), 95 hours
- HISTORY AND PRACTICE OF MUSIC PUBLISHING, 95 hours
- MUSIC AND COPYRIGHT, 50 hours
- ECONOMY OF MUSIC, 70 hours
- ENGLISH, 65 hours
- INFORMATICS, 65 hours
- CASE STUDIES, 50 hours (lectures given by experts and business and corporate executives on the basis of which students will carry out analysis and insights)
- FINAL TEST
During the Master students, divided into small groups, will have the opportunity to address some practical topics:
- RECORD PRODUCTION
- DISK MARKETING AND PROMOTION
- PRESS OFFICE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF DIGITAL TV CHANNELS
- AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTION
- PROMOTION ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
- ROYALTIES AND LICENSES
- EDITORIAL PRODUCTION IN THE FIELD OF MUSIC
- RELATIONS WITH SIAE
- MARKET ANALYSIS, STUDIES AND RESEARCH
- LIVE MUSIC PRODUCTION
- SIMULATIONS IN ENGLISH OF PROFESSIONAL INTERVIEWS
Classes will visit record companies, publishing companies, trade fair venues, professional music companies, concert and festival organisations, music schools and academies, recording studios, and at the same time industry executives will be present in the lecture room.