December 4, 2020
This specialization course is one of the modules of the Master Art Market Management
In the current climate of economic uncertainty and financial market volatility, managing large assets has become particularly complex. The activity of Private Banker, Wealth Advisor, Family Office and financial advisors requires increasingly sophisticated skills and expertise, at the service of HNWI's clients, whose assets invested in art and collectibles represent a large part of the art market. According to a study by Deloitte, this segment of the population is estimated to increase by 43% by 2026 and the related assets, which amounted to $1.6 trillion in 2016, will amount to $2.7 trillion by 2026. It is clear from these figures that the need for specific financial services for artistic heritage and collectors' items is set to grow significantly.
For professionals who want to update their skills according to market needs and changes in the world of Wealth Management. In particular it is designed for
- Private Bankers, financial advisors, professionals and entrepreneurs involved in the management of complex family assets
- Art Advisors who carry out their profession on behalf of banks and other financial institutions
- Wealth Advisors and Family Office who want to offer an Art Advisory service to their clients
- Professionals already in or interested in approaching the art market
- Young people who wish to acquire specific knowledge of the dynamics of the art system and the art market
Training on the job
The program is enriched by interactive lessons, direct testimonials and a data analysis laboratory for the art market.
The course is held by teachers and professionals from leading companies in the sector such as Deloitte, Banca Aletti, AIPB, Christie's.
Formula, duration and location
The program develops over 36 hours. Online teaching takes place on Tuesdays and Fridays from 17:00 to 19:00 and on Saturdays, every other week, from 9:00 to 13:00 at the IULM University.
At the end of the programme, a certificate of participation will be issued to the participants (minimum attendance required: 80% of training hours).
- The contemporary art system
- The structure of the art market
- Primary and secondary market
- Auction buying and selling strategies
- The variables that influence quotations
- Price formation on the secondary market
- Private Banking and Wealth Management in Italy
- Art advisory services of private banks
- The role of fine art in family assets
- Investment in art and Passion Assets
- Due diligence to invest in art
- Investment sectors
- Investment funds in art
- Art lending and Art financing: art to guarantee loans
The training course aims to present the art market from an interdisciplinary perspective through frontal lessons and concrete cases. A program designed for professionals involved in the management of complex financial assets capable of managing all phases of the art investment life cycle.
IULM Communication School
Via Carlo Bo, 1 - Milano
Tel: + (39)02 89 141 2311
Fax: + (39)02 89 141 2371
Costs and registrations
Deadline entries: November 30, 2020
Lessons start: December 4, 2020
Cost: € 1.800+VAT