This specialization course is one of the modules of the Master Art Market Management
Preserving and protecting the value of the family's artistic heritage is, for families with important artistic heritage, a vital and increasingly frequent need in the management of their collections. These families consider the collection to be part of their family heritage and have a specific need for management and protection also with a view to its preservation for future generations. Not only families, but also the most important fashion, luxury and manufacturing companies have decided to create a collection. In light of this, it is important to be able to help collectors, their consultants or simple enthusiasts to find their way in the context of an increasingly complex art market.
The program is aimed at:
- Young collectors wishing to start a collection
- Banks, insurance companies and professionals involved in the management of artistic assets
- Wealth Advisors and Family Office who wish to structure an art advisory service within their organization
- Companies and banking foundations with collections and cultural aims
- Companies that organize events and exhibitions
Training on the job
The program is enriched by interactive lessons, testimonials from collectors and a restoration workshop for contemporary art at the Open Care headquarters.
The course is held by teachers and professionals from leading companies in the sector such as Open Care, Art Defender, Aon, Art Loss Register
Formula, duration and location
The program is developed over 24 hours of classroom, divided into two weekends. The didactics takes place at IULM University, on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on alternate weeks.
At the end of the programme a certificate of participation will be issued to the participants (minimum attendance required: 80% of training hours).
- Private collecting: history, features and protagonists
- The role of the collector in the current art system
- The motivations of collecting
- The creation of a collection: some practical examples
- Management and enhancement of artist bequests
- Enhancing a collection through the creation of a private museum
- International experience in private collection management
- Genesis and structure of corporate collecting
- Cataloguing and estimation of collections
- The protection of a collection and insurance aspects
- The conservation and restoration of the works
- The transport and storage of a collection
- Manage, enjoy and promote art in the digital age
The training course explores the various problems that families, businesses, foundations and museums face in the management and enhancement of their collections. A course designed for professionals involved in the management of complex financial assets (Advisors, accountants, trustees, Wealth Managers and Private Bankers) as well as collectors, entrepreneurs, investors, who wish to better understand the complex articulation of the themes of private collection management in all their dimensions.
IULM Communication School
Via Carlo Bo, 1 - Milano
Tel: + (39)02 89 141 2311
Fax: + (39)02 89 141 2371