This specialization course is one of the modules of the Master Art Market Management
Globalization and the growth of the art market in recent years have led to a strong increase in interest in works of art and collectibles as asset classes, both by traditional players in the sector and by law and tax firms, increasingly aware that they can play a strategic role in the protection, management and transmission of artistic assets.
The path forms a professionalism increasingly sought after by professional firms, consulting firms, banks and financial companies. In particular, it is designed for:
- Professionals from law and tax firms that operate or would like to operate in this sector
- Directors of museums, foundations, associations and art collection managers
- Gallerists or gallery assistants
- Private bankers and financial advisors involved in the management of complex family assets
- Art advisors who need an update on these issues
Formula, duration and location
The program develops over 28 hours. Online teaching takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 17:00 to 19:00 and on Saturdays, every other week, from 9:00 to 13:00 at the IULM University.
The course is taught by professionals from leading law firms such as Nctm, CBM, LCA, CBA
At the end of the program a certificate of participation will be issued to the participants (minimum attendance required: 80% of the training hours).
- The work of art as an object of rights
- The work of contemporary art in copyright
- Tools to protect and manage art collections
- Transactions and contracts in the artistic field
- Legal due diligence
- Contractual aspects of the circulation of works of art
- Customs aspects relating to the international movement of works of art
- The counterfeiting of works of art and the market for fakes
- Taxation on the possession of works of art
- Direct and indirect taxation
- Succession and donation of works of art
The programme explores the various tax and legal issues that families, businesses, foundations and museums face in the management and enhancement of their collections. A unique training course on the national and international scene that integrates knowledge of the art market with legal and fiscal aspects, in order to allow both professionals who work alongside families with artistic assets and operators in the art world, the availability of tools, methods and skills necessary to manage all phases of the life cycle of the investment in art and collectibles, from acquisition to transmission, from sale and circulation to regulatory and fiscal profiles.
IULM Communication School
Via Carlo Bo, 1 - Milano
Tel: + (39)02 89 141 2311
Fax: + (39)02 89 141 2371