This specialization course is one of the modules of the Master Art Market Management
Italy's historical and period real estate heritage is one of the most important in the world and constitutes an essential part of our country's cultural identity. The preservation of this heritage, a true memory of the past, requires that it be handed down to future generations through the protection and enhancement of historic buildings and gardens, preserving them from deterioration and destruction and keeping them alive in some way, through activities compatible with the vocation of the buildings themselves.
The program is aimed at:
- Families and businesses wishing to identify the most appropriate business strategies and management models for the promotion and enhancement of their period real estate assets
- Architects, lawyers, accountants and condominium administrators who wish to expand their knowledge on the market of real estate of historical and artistic interest
- Young graduates in architecture who wish to expand their skills in this field
- Professionals wishing to join or grow in real estate investment funds, asset management companies and real estate development companies
Formula, duration and location
The program is developed over 36 hours of classroom, divided into three weekends, in addition to 24 hours of company internship, for a total of 60 hours of training. Teaching takes place at IULM University, on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on alternate weeks.
Training on the job
The meetings will make use of the contribution of professionals and experts in the field and will combine both theoretical and applicative-laboratory interventions, aimed at deepening experiences and best practices in the management of properties of historical and artistic interest. The course includes a 24-hour workshop at real estate investment funds, asset management companies and real estate development companies.
At the end of the program a certificate of participation will be issued to the participants (minimum attendance required: 80% of training hours).
The programme is currently being accredited to the Milan Chamber of Architects, the Milan Chamber of Lawyers and EFPA Italia for the maintenance of EFA and EFP certification.
- Promotion and enhancement of period real estate heritage
- The conservation of buildings of historical and artistic interest
- The evaluation of historical residences and artistic finishes of an immobile nature (frescoes, stuccoes, garden or architectural sculptures)
- Purchase and sale and transfer of real estate of historical and artistic interest
- Temporary rental and short rent of properties of historical and artistic interest
- The obligations and regulations relating to the properties subject to constraint
- Tax relief for properties of great historical and artistic interest
- The legal instruments to manage properties of historical and artistic interest
- Financial instruments for the valorisation of period real estate assets
- Taxation of period properties
- Real estate auctions
- Organisation and management of business activities
- Use of period buildings for film and television productions
The training course aims to provide interdisciplinary knowledge and skills for the management of projects for the enhancement and cultural communication of the architectural heritage owned or managed by private families (period homes and residences, castles, farms, palaces, estates), but which are publicly recognized for their artistic, historical, archaeological or ethnographic value. These assets today face various challenges, mainly related to the theme of management and financial sustainability. It is essential that the owners of historic mansions can develop their business and ensure a future for these structures, having both entrepreneurial and managerial, legal and fiscal expertise. The course aims to train a new professional profile, namely the Heritage Manager, a figure able to identify the most appropriate business strategies and management models for the promotion and enhancement of the historical real estate heritage.
IULM Communication School
Via Carlo Bo, 1 - Milano
Tel: + (39)02 89 141 2311
Fax: + (39)02 89 141 2371