IULM Communication International Week
Invitation to International Teachers
It is our great pleasure to invite you and your colleagues to take part in our second Communication International Week at Università IULM!
A 3-day event both on-campus and online taking place from March 21 to 23, 2022.
After the success of the 2021 edition, Università IULM is eager to organize its second International Week in March 2022, an occasion to welcome international guest lecturers to contribute insightful presentations, present their home universities, and stimulate research exchanges.
The 2022 International Week is planned to take shape in two alternative forms:
- on campus: we are prepared to welcome about 10 lecturers who will conduct in presence their lessons, hosted in our Milan campus. Lecturers in presence will be teaching a minimum of 6 academic hours over the three days (i.e. 1 lecture repeated three times). Lecturers on campus will offer only on-site lessons. We are able to offer on-site teaching to only one person per academic institution; if more colleagues are interested to join, we will be pleased to host their additional contributions online.
If your university is an Erasmus+ partner, please check with your university the availability of funds for the mobility in the Spring Semester. We will be also happy to sign a staff mobility agreement if it is not included in your agreement.
- online: lecturers who cannot travel to Italy during the scheduled days are welcome to deliver their lesson online via MS Teams. Virtual lecturers will be invited to teach 1 lecture (1,5 hour long).
Our Communication International Week’s main objectives are to:
• increase international exposure and network opportunities for both students and academic staff;
• strengthen the relationships and cooperation between our University and partner institutions.
The event will offer all participants the opportunity to broaden their horizons and benefit from meaningful exchanges of ideas, perspectives, practices and skills in different knowledge fields.
Visiting lecturers’ contributions
Drawing on our University’s strong teaching and research tradition in the field of media studies and corporate communication, our Communication International Week will revolve around a number of disciplines.
Possible topics of interest are:
• Creative Leadership
• Communication in the public sector
• Consumer Psychology
• Corporate Communication
• Design Thinking
• Entertainment industries: e.g., TV, movies, radio
• Information Systems
• Media Studies
• New Media
• Performing arts: e.g., theatre, cultural events
• Organizational Theories and HR Management
• Sociology of Media
• Sociology of Consumption
• Statistics and Market Research
We invite you to focus your lecture proposal on one of these or related topics and prepare your contribution in English. Should you like to propose a different topic, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate it.
A more detailed program overview and practical information will be sent to you as soon as possible.
Please note that, for the time being, in Italy it is compulsory for all lecturers to have a Covid "green pass" - proof of vaccination, negative test or recovery from the virus. We will keep you updated about the changing conditions and future requirements.
If you would like to attend or have any question, please send an email to our Study Abroad Office: [email protected]
Registration deadline: 14/01/2022.
Application decisions will take place after the deadline has closed, so you will hear from the organizing committee as soon as possible after January 14, 2022.
If you cannot join us this time, we would be very happy if you pass on this message within your institution and encourage the staff to come and visit us next March.